About Higher Diploma In Business Management in Limerick Institute of Technology
What is the programme about?
This one-year postgraduate programme is designed for the non business graduate. Aimed at providing business management skills for students who would have studied in other academic fields at undergraduate level. Students are encouraged to become an independent and innovative thinker with a sound understanding of theoretical issues and the ability to put these theories into practice. The programme provides a blend of theoretical knowledge and practical skills development facilitated through active learning approaches. The programme offers the skills to allow students convert from other disciplines into the business world or augment their existing qualifications to improve employment prospects.
Modules taught on the programme are contemporary Marketing and Branding, Strategic Management, HRM - OB, Financial Decision Making, Economics for Business, New Venture Creation.
Class Contact Hours
18 hours per week
Did You Know?
The Higher Diploma in Business Management is a ‘conversion programme’ designed to foster business management skills in non-business graduates. This skill set has been identified as a key requirement for future economic growth by various state agencies including Forfas.
• Apply relevant management techniques to effectively manage a range of business functions
• Develop a marketing strategies to be used as part of a firm’s overall integrated marketing communications activities
• Manage people effectively through a strong applied knowledge of HR and general business skills and competencies
• Conduct environmental comparative analyses of domestic & foreign markets
On completion of these programmes, graduates will also be able to apply for Level 9 qualifications in the field of business including LIT’s own Master of Business in Marketing & Management Strategy.
1. An honours degree (level 8) in a non business or a non cognate discipline or approved equivalent qualification. Priority of entry will be given to applicants with a higher classification of award.
2. A level 7 qualification in a non business or a non cognate discipline and at least 1 year relevant professional experience/responsibility.
3. Special Case Registrations: Prospective participants who do not meet the entry requirements for the programme detailed above, but who may qualify for admission by meeting certain other equivalent criteria, should apply to the Admissions Office for consideration.
For postgraduate courses, a minimum of 6.0 IELTS score is needed.