About Bsc (honours) Computer Science in Sheffield Hallam University
Computer science provides a deep understanding of scientific and practical applications of computation in areas from programming language design to everyday software systems.
- Learn the skills you need to write the software of tomorrow.
- Develop complex software and systems using analytical and mathematical approaches.
- Understand the fundamental principles behind the software that powers our world.
- Have the opportunity to study abroad — Erasmus funding is available for European placements.
Computer science provides a deep understanding of practical applications of computation in areas ranging from programming language design to everyday software systems. This course is aimed at anyone who wants to become a programmer, understands and can build on the fundamental principles behind the software that underpins modern society.
Applicants with the following qualifications from India will be considered for entry on to undergraduate programmes
- Standard XII with an average score of 65 per cent
- A levels
- International Baccalaureate
- HND qualifications will be considered for entry to the second or third year of a relevant undergraduate degree
Applicants who have completed the first year of an undergraduate degree at an Indian university may be considered for direct entry to Sheffield Hallam University undergraduate programmes.
For details of standard UCAS tariff points for undergraduate entry, please see the UG entry webpage.
Sheffield Hallam welcomes applications from international school students taking the International Baccalaureate Diploma and those achieving 28 points or more will usually be successful in obtaining an offer of a place on our undergraduate programmes. For information about IB points equivalencies against the UCAS tariff please visit the UCAS website.
English Language entry requirements are listed in the entry requirements section of the online prospectus. The information provided below is intended to help you understand the different English Language qualifications we will accept.
Courses at NQF Level 6 and above (includes BA, BSc, MA, MSc, MPhil, PhD)
We consider the following English language qualifications for courses at degree level (NQF Level 6) or above requiring
an IELTS for UKVI* 6.0 or equivalent entry requirement (*IELTS may be accepted if you do not require a Tier 4 student visa)
IELTS for UKVI*
- IELTS for UKVI* 6.0
- Listening: minimum level 5.5
- Speaking: minimum level 5.5
- Reading: minimum level 5.5
- Writing: minimum level 5.5
- Internet based 79
- Listening: minimum level 17
- Speaking: minimum level 20
- Reading: minimum level 18
- Writing: minimum level 17
- PTE 52
- Listening: minimum level 51
- Speaking: minimum level 51
- Reading: minimum level 51
- Writing: minimum level 51
Cambridge IGCSE English as a First Language (Syllabus 0500 and 0522)
- Grade C
- Listening: minimum Grade D (0522) or 2 (0500)
- Speaking: minimum Grade D (0522) or 2 (0500)
- Reading: minimum Grade E
- Writing: minimum Grade E
Sheffield Hallam University Highlights
||UCAS application fee is 20 -26 GBP while the direct application is free
||Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and the Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management, and others
||Scholarships, loans, discounts
Sheffield Hallam University The Average Tuition Fees And Other Expenses
|International Foundation Program
||10,250 - 12,310
||13,900 – 15,500
||13,900 – 15,965
||3,740 to 6,292
||3,740 to 6,292
*the costs are estimated and may vary.