About Accounting And Finance BA (hons) in De Montfort University
Interested in getting a head start in your career? This course is ideal if you’re interested in a professional career in accounting and want to maximise the number of exemptions from professional body exams.
Close links with employers and professional accounting bodies ensure that you have the opportunity to enhance your future career prospects and gain exemptions from the ACCA, CIMA, CII, ACT, AIA, CFA, CIPFA, ICAEW and the CPA*
Our Trading Room will give you a simulated experience on the same information platform used by leading decision-makers in finance, business and government.
- 96% of our Accounting and Finance graduates from summer 2017 are in work or further study after graduating (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) 2016-17).
- Our graduates have gone on to careers in globally renowned organisations. Recent successes include Barclays, Ernst & Young, IBM, PwC and many more.
- Enjoy an international experience with #DMUglobal – on these trips you’ll visit sites like Wall Street which give you a real-world experience that applies directly to your studies.
- Module content is broad in nature, covering a multitude of topics including Management Accounting, Corporate Finance, Management and Strategy, Forensic Accounting and Advanced Financial Reporting.
Minimum of 65% average in your four best subjects (excluding Hindi) in Standard 12. We may also check your standard 10 results in English and Maths.
For Engineering courses you will need a minimum of 60% in Maths.
Advanced entry to year 2 or 3 may be possible. You will need to supply detailed information including courses taken, grades achieved, syllabus and a grading guide.
If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 6.0 (including a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent is normally required.
De Montfort University Highlights
|Type of Institution
|Number of Campuses
|Number/Percentage of International Students
|Total number of Professors
|Student Satisfaction Rate
|Graduate Job Rate
|Number of Residence Vacancy
||Undergraduates- £13240 (annual) Postgraduates- £15950 (annual)
|Number of Academic Programs
||UG, PG, Part time, distance, blended
|Mode of Program
||Full time, distance and online
|Average Graduate Salary
||19800 pounds a year
De Montfort University The tuition fee (In GBP) for various programs is tabulated below:De Montfort University Average Cost
|Field of Study
|Art, Design and Humanities:
|Business and Law
||£13,750 - £14,250
|Health and Life Sciences
||£13,250 - £14,250
De Montfort University The Average Tuition Fees and Other Expenses
||Estimated cost in pounds
|Undergraduate tuition fee
|Postgraduate tuition fee
|On campus accommodation
|Average cost of living
||97-110 per week
DMU International Scholarship up to 1500 pounds
- TEF Gold Outstanding Alumni Scholarship up to 3000 pounds
- Leicester Castle Business School Scholarships:
- Global MBA Scholarship £3,000 - £5,000
- Full Postgraduate Scholarship
- LGBTQ + Allies Scholarship-two fully funded post graduate taught scholarship packages including full fee weaver and maintenance bursary.
- Vice Chancellor's Sports Scholarship- three different scholarship packages are available with eligible students being awarded up to 6000 pounds of support.